Saturday 23 February 2019

50 CENT SPEAKS ON TURNING DOWN PRESIDENT TRUMP'S $500K


50 Cent was on The Late Late Show with James Corden on Wednesday and the rapper revealed how he turned down an offer of $500,000 to appear at Donald Trump's Presidential inauguration.
"I didn't do it because I didn't know if I could fix the damage," he said. "To be honest with you, all money's not good money. You have to be careful what you do publicly because—I don't know how you fix that."
50 also went on to say he wasn't going to be a pawn in the courting of African-American support for Trump.
"I just was like 'whoa,'" 50 joked. "Don't bring me to fix the African American vote. Bring somebody else. I'll see you later."
This isn't the first time 50 Cent has spoken about rejecting an offer from Trump.In 2017 during a Breakfast Club interview,50 shed light on how he was offered $500,000 to show up at a Donald Trump campaign event targeted at black voters.
"I was like, nah, that's not good money," he said at the time. "I ain't gonna do that. That's not  not worth it."
Corden also had Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren on the show and he asked the rapper if he had any advice on helping the politician reach young voters. 
"Just relax, you got to loosen up," he said to Warren. "Also hip-hop is connected to youth culture. So, hang out with me when you become president."
Watch Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment